Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random Thought Thursday: One Day More

     I just have one random thought this week: I wish I could sing.
     I watched the 25th anniversary Les Miserables DVD while exercising this week and the whole time, as I'm singing along and butchering that beautiful music, I can't stop thinking,
Iwishicouldsingiwishicouldsingiwishicouldsing
     But let's face facts. I can't sing. This is one of those impossible dreams that I can dream about but will never happen. My writing dream is possible, with a lot of work, but I can't change my mediocre voice.
     Sigh.
     Since I won't ever play Eponine, watch this instead- my fave song.


     And PS: I can't can't can't wait for the Les Mis movie coming out at the end of the year.

6 comments:

  1. I wish I could sing too. :( Sigh..... I have suspicions I could with voice training, so maybe I should pursue that.

    Oh, and have you ever tried to read Les Miserable? Holy crap, Victor Hugo, you wrote a ginormous book. But the first five hundred pages were phenomenal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's another Les Mis movie coming out??? (*gets all crazy excited*). Les Miserables was the first ever live performance that I saw. I was in London while on a youth mission trip and we decided to go see it at the Palace Theatre. So, so amazing! And now I'm totally hooked :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sing - but I always think I wish I could sing better and be really good. We are always dreaming for more. :) Great song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rumored Les Mis cast list...
    Hugh Jackman as Valjean, Russell Crowe as Javert (can he even sing?), Amanda Seyfried as Cosette, Eddie Redmayne as Marius, Anne Hathaway as Fantine, Taylor Swift as Eponine (although one website is saying its the girl singing in the video I posted), Sacha Baron Cohen as Thenardier, Helena Bonham Carter as Mme Thenardier, and some guy from Gossip Girl as Enjolras...
    Can't wait! What an awesome cast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I wish I could sing too. I use to turn up Les Mis really loud and sing so I couldn't hear myself. Eponine is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE Les Mis! I love all the music from it, but On My Own is my fav!

    ReplyDelete