Thursday, March 1, 2012

Late Late Late

     I missed yesterday's Road Trip Wednesday. I spent most of the day at the airport or on a plane and didn't get home till late last night. (FYI- trip to Vegas was lots of fun except Celine Dion cancelled her concert- the whole reason we went in the first place! Argh!)
     Anyway, I'm going to answer yesterday's prompt anyway, which is,
What was the best book you read in February?
     I read some great books in February and liked them all:


     I LOVED Goliath- the end of Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan Trilogy. I've already mentioned it before but these books are a must read. I was also very impressed with Beautiful Chaos- the third book in that series so far. I liked it better than the second though not as much as the first, but then I like firsts. Like Mandarin was a great contemp read, and I was totally into Tempest- a whole time-travel world that is different from mine but very exciting (and I loved the boy POV).
     But my favorite book of the month? Definitely Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare. There's something about her books that really draw me in. I have to confess a petty annoyance with the backwards dialogue tags she uses quite a bit (..." said Tessa) but that's my ONLY complaint! I love the world she creates in her books, the characters are memorable and mesmerizing, and I can't stop thinking about it all days afterward. Her books are the kind I wish I could jump right into and live in.
    What was the best book you read in February?

3 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved Clockwork Prince. Like you, I'm in loved with her writing. Although the backwards dialogue tags drove me mad as well. But it is probably because that's how authors wrote back in that time period.

    I read Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe during February. She's my CP and is a fantastic writer. Great book for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to read the last one...December seems SO far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how did I not know about "backwards dialogue tags" before? This is a good thing to keep in mind...

    Do you think (so far, at least) that the Infernal Devices are as good as the Mortal Instruments? Someone told me the second series felt like a repeat of the first in many ways...

    ReplyDelete