Friday, March 2, 2012

Me Likey

     I'm always late on trends. I swear, I get into things way later than everyone else. I didn't start Harry Potter until the fifth book was out and after the first movie, I didn't start Twilight until that first movie was out. I'm no trendsetter, that's for sure. So these two things that I'm loving right now- they are probably old news to a lot of you. But in case you haven't heard...


     Yesterday I read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Yesterday. Because I could Not Stop Reading. It was one of those books you just dive right into and don't want to loosen from your grip. When I wasn't reading it, my fingers were practically twitching to pick it back up again. The story is simple, it's not this big concept or anything, but I just loved it. And now, after reading it, I want to go lay on the beach. And I'm wishing I had a summer home for my kids to go to every year. Sigh. Check out this quote- probably my fave from the book:
I felt that old lurch, that gravitational pull, that desire to inhabit him- like wherever he was in this world, I would know where to find him, and I would do it. I would find him and take him home.
     The other thing I'm loving right now? Hot Chelle Rae. I went on Wikipedia and was surprised to learn they've been around since '05. See? I'm way behind. Anyway, love the feel-good pop sound they have going on, love their whole album, and I especially love this song:


     What are you loving right now? Anyone want to bring me up to date on what I might be missing?

6 comments:

  1. I actually just bought this book a couple days ago, so we're both behind apparently (must be an Alberta thing) :) So I just clicked on your Daze and Knights tab above and I have to say, it sounds like something I would love to read. And the sequel--also great! Keep querying that thing because I'd love to buy a copy eventually :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read that book either, I'll have to check it out! I'm usually a little behind on reading popular books too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh... fun things to check out here! Thanks, Melanie! And I'm so not a trendsetter either... time is too precious I won't read something unless it's recommended to me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee I love that song. Fun post. :) And I don't think I've heard of this book before either... Unless it's a bestseller, maybe you've found something that didn't get the attention it deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. right now I love Starlight by Muse, it's been set on repeat on my MP3 player for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like fun. I really like to read your writing.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete