Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Best Book 'O March


This week's Road Trip Wednesday hosted by YA Highway is asking the question they usually ask at the end of the month:
What was the best book you read in March?

(And yes, I totally have that Hot Chelle Rae song stuck in my head, thanks YA Highway. But it's okay, I like it like that. Haha!)   


Holy Moley, I read A LOT of books this month! And as usual, a lot of great ones. But if you look at these pictures, you can probably guess which book I'm going to choose.







I'm gonna choose The Hunger Games, just the first book because that remains my favorite of the three. There's something about those books that stick with you. Something that stuck with me even though 1- I'm not a fan of dystopian, and 2- I usually like books with a lot more dialogue. Maybe because it was such an original idea. Maybe because of the action. Maybe because of the very memorable characters. Maybe because of Peeta. Who knows. What I do know is, I like it like that. (Told you the song was in my head.)

Coming a close second, The Sky is Everywhere and The Summer I Turned Pretty. Both great contemporary reads. Loved the stories, the words, the images both books conjured up. Those are definite must-reads, especially if you love contemporary YA.

What was the best book you read in March?

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I totally guessed correctly.
    The best book I read in March is Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Loved and am studying the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that one yet but I loved her werewolf trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you did read a lot in March. I reread the first Hunger Games book. They are such amazing books. I swear there were parts where I got chills in the first one knowing how the story ultimately ends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRIDE AND POPULARITY, and NORTHANGER ALIBI... clever! First time I've seen those titles. :) I've read THE HUNGER GAMES, but have been hesitant to read the other two because I was told they're much darker and not as good. However, after some encouragement from my cool blog friends, I'm going to take the plunge--hopefully sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scorpio Races was my pick a few months back; still in awe of the writing. Strangely, didn't like her werewolf books. And the Sky is Everywhere has been on my list for a while, but I tend to reach for other genres before contemporary.

    P.S. I commented on your Brenda Drake entry! Don't know when mine will be up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, you read a lot this month. I also chose The Hunger Games. :) I adore The Summer I Turned Pretty as well.

    ReplyDelete