Monday, March 26, 2012

A Bit of Everything

I'm happy to report that the Hunger Games movie did not disappoint, in case you didn't make it to a theatre this past weekend. It was great to see the world come alive- the houses in the Seam, the arena, especially the Capitol. The main characters were AWESOME- I was especially impressed with Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, but that's probably because I was the most worried about his portrayal (still Team Peeta!). My only gripes are very minor- they could've amped up the action a bit more, not to make it more bloody, just more suspenseful, and they cut out some of my favorite lines (one of the great things about the Twilight movies). But that's it! It was a great movie and it's gonna be a loooong wait for the DVD.

And because I haven't done Crush of the Week in ages... You know I gotta do it.


Completely unrelated... I was tagged last week by Prerna at The Sands of Writing for the 7 meme that's going around. Here's what you do:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS/WIP
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know

This is from Daze and Knights because Sway is still out with readers right now.

But it was hard to ignore the feeling that my insides were about to burst right out of my skin.
Lord Alric waited for me on the practice field, looking all godlike and handsome.
“Good morning,” he said.
I stopped breathing and moving and thinking. “Uhh…” It was way too early in the morning for this. My brain hadn’t started working yet. “Hi,” I finally managed.
“Are you ready to learn the sword?” he asked. “I must warn you, it will prove very difficult for you.”
I nodded forcefully. Heck yeah, I was ready. Ready to show Lord Purvis that he couldn’t mess with me.

And because I occasionally like to break the rules, I'm ignoring rule #4 and 5. If you read this and want to take part, consider yourself tagged.

4 comments:

  1. I would carry on the "tag" but I'm only on page 74. I need to write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for crush of the week. I think he's mine too! :o) I was really pleased with the movie also. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great excerpt. And I'm jealous, I won't be seeing The Hunger Games for another week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the voice in your excerpt. It's golden!

    ReplyDelete