Monday, April 14, 2014

A-Z Challenge: L is for LOVE

Love. Looooove. Lurve. Who doesn't love to write about love? I don't think I could write a manuscript without it. And my favorite books to read are ones with love in them. Surprisingly, I'm not a straight-up romance reader. I've tried three romance novels in the past- one was good, one was okay, and the third I quit after a couple of chapters. But even with the good one, I still don't pick up romance books. I love to have romance in my stories, but category romance isn't really my thing. I do read books without romance... sometimes. Code Name Verity is an amazing book with no romance at all. But in general, I love me the love storyline, even if it's just a tiny subplot.

Here are some of my favorite literary love quotes:

I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
~John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
~XVII from Manana by Pablo Neruda

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
~Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope.
~Persuasion by Jane Austen

The course of true love never did run smooth.
~A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare

You have bewitched me, body and soul.
~Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

Thou art to me a delicious torment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

You love me. Real or not real?
Real.
~Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new.
~The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula L. Le Guin

It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the thing you do with it. You are beautiful.
~The Host by Stephenie Meyer

I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.
~Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

And my L song for the day which I really love and it's about love and maybe a little cheesy but still so sweet.
Little Things by One Direction

8 comments:

  1. Just to add...What about some quotes from the poet of love?--Rumi. An amazing journey into his inner world filled with love and more.
    Susan
    Garden of Eden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really into Romance as a genre. I'm okay with love-story plots, but too often I find they are superficial. Love is so much more than attraction, kissing, and even emotion. True love runs much deeper, and is more solid than mere feelings. I understand that for a lot of YA, the kissing and the crying and emotional *stuff* is part of it, because that's how teens today often perceive being "in love." Like I said, I can live with that... but a novel will always commend itself to me by showing love to be so much more, as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the song Little Things by One Direction! I also really love the video. Great choice for a video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think many things that relate to Love are cheesy. I Bless the Day I Found You, for example!

    Beth
    http://bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! I absolutely loved that line in Mockingjay, if only the book stopped there instead of going into that mega-depressing final segment. And, of course, who doesn't love John Green's line? I think he describes it best.

    ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the quotes, especially the one from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Love should run its course, never forced. Michelle AtoZer http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quotes and stuff about love. Love is fun to write and read about. Shawn from Laughing at Life 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feeling all loved reading this. Good assemblage of quotes
    I too dont love too much mushy stuff but a breeze of romance is ok
    <3 thanks for reading my posts!

    ReplyDelete