Friday, April 11, 2014

A-Z Challenge: J is for Jar of Hearts

 

Last November, I did my first ever NaNoWriMo. Like, actually did it (won) even when I never thought I'd be able to. The manuscript I wrote is YA Magical Realism and, yep, it's called Jar of Hearts.
 
I haven't even glanced at it since typing "the end" but I've thought about it lots since. The whole thing is probably a big time mess, but one of these days I'm going to go back to it and REVISE REVISE REVISE. I have a few ideas that I want to incorporate when I do, exciting ideas.
 
And my J song for the day is obviously Jar of Hearts, the song that inspired the story idea in the first place.
 
Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.
And if you haven't seen this video, WATCH IT. It's GORGEOUS.
(Click on the title link if the video doesn't work)

4 comments:

  1. The novel I'm (hopefully) soon going to be querying was my first NaNo project, too. That NaNo was a few years ago, so the novel's been through some revisions/edits since then. But that first NaNo was vital for actually getting the words out of my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song. It's so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote my debut during NaNo even though I never officially signed up for it that year. Now, it's published! Go for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...Jar of hearts was on repeat about 80% of my revision process with novel Kinetic...sigh... Love it!

    ReplyDelete