Thursday, June 7, 2012

WIP Songs

Guess what? I'm thisclose to finishing my sequel to Daze and Knights. And let me tell you, I'll breathe a massive sigh of relief when it's done because I've been working (on and off) on this thing for TWO YEARS. I haven't given it priority because I know that writing a sequel to a book that isn't published (or may never be published) is kinda a waste of time. But then I say it isn't, because hey- I'm WRITING. No writing is a waste of time.

There's been this one song that has really helped me push through the troubles I've been having. Every time I listen to it I suddenly get new scenes in my head. It has been a life-saver book-saver for me. I just had to share:



There are a few other songs that I either mention in my sequel, or have also inspired it. This one has felt like the soundtrack for the entire novel:



There's one scene with dancing... cuz you know I love dancing and I can't help putting it in somewhere... Anyway, it's in a forest but Jess hears these two songs in her head. The first one she's dancing alone and celebrating something, and the second, she's dancing with a certain gentleman.


(This is the only clip I could find that would play)

(LOVE Michael Buble)

What songs inspire your WIP? I always love hearing new music...

3 comments:

  1. The Taylor swift song is perfect. My one character, Vee, has a few songs that inspire her mood at different times: The Black Keys-Tighten Up, Regina Spektor-Fidelity, Muse-Time is Running out. I didn't really have inspirations for Ex, but here are some songs that remind me of him: the Coral:Dreaming of You and Snow Patrol-Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, writing is writing. And I think that writing a sequel for an unpublished book is good, too, because once you get published and your publisher wants book #2, you'll have practice with writing a sequel already.
    A few songs inspiring my WIP is They'll Never Know by Ross Copperman and Not Alone from A Very Potter Musical.
    Thanks for sharing the songs that inspired you. They're really beautiful, and I love new music, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Jenna on Not Alone from A Very Potter Musical - awesome song! I really like the Taylor Swift song. I have a tendency to make a different playlist for each book I write. I can't use the same one twice; it's been overplayed by that point. :)

    I am about to start a sequel for a book that I don't have published, so it can't be bad. :)

    ReplyDelete