Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

I'm getting today's Teaser Tuesday, hosted by Miz B., from Gilt by Katherine Longshore. First, a synopsis from Goodreads:


When Kitty Tylney’s best friend, Catherine Howard, worms her way into King Henry VIII’s heart and brings Kitty to court, she’s thrust into a world filled with fabulous gowns, sparkling jewels, and elegant parties. No longer stuck in Cat’s shadow, Kitty’s now caught between two men—the object of her affection and the object of her desire. But court is also full of secrets, lies, and sordid affairs, and as Kitty witnesses Cat’s meteoric rise and fall as queen, she must figure out how to keep being a good friend when the price of telling the truth could literally be her head.

And here's my teaser (page 62-63):

"I need your help, Kitty. Please. Make sure no one from this household ever breathes a word of my life here. It's your duty. To our friendship. To our sisterhood. The men of my past must vanish."

She let go and I swallowed.

"What men?" I whispered.

"Good girl."

4 comments:

  1. Sounds suspenseful and romantic. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories placed in that time period! It looks fascinating. I hope you enjoy :)

    Here's mine: http://canireadeverything.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-26-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book! Great teaser! Mine is from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater: http://booklovingmommy.blogspot.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-raven-boys-by-maggie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melanie, I am stopping by through Leigh Ann's blog. I love this teaser of GILT. I have been rec'd that book so many times but still haven't picked it up. I think this is the ticket.... Def putting it on my high to-read list.
    I am also a new follower *waves* and I posted a snippet of my own novel (how's that for teaser tuesday hehe). Nice to meet you and I look forward to more posts from you on my dash!

    ReplyDelete