I was all prepared to blog about something "serious" today. Something "meaningful." Something "smart."
Well, I got saved by the blog award! Ha!
My newest CP Dahlia (you can find her here) has awarded me the Booker award. Thanks Dahlia! And by the way, you should check her out because I just read her MS and it was HAWESOME! (No I didn't misspell, that is hot and awesome all mashed into one super-word.)
The Booker Award is an award given to book bloggers provided they blog at least 50% about books, including reading or writing. The rules, because there's always rules with blog awards for some reason... Anyway, the rules are that I have to name my top five favorite books.
TOP FIVE FAVE BOOKS OF ALL TIME:
You know I can't pick, right? It's IMPOSSIBLE. Okay, I'll try.
1. Harry Potter books 1-7 by JK Rowling. I know, I know, that's seven books right there. But these are books I could reread and reread and reread (and I have). We all know why these are the BEST BOOKS EVER, so I don't think I have to explain myself.
2. Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Again, this is... I don't even know how many books are out there now. I'm refusing to read any more of them until they are ALL out and the series is over. Then I will read them all from start to finish. I used to restart the series every time a new book had come out but I've stopped doing that since there's A LOT and they are VERY long.
There have been lots of complaints about these books and I often agree with them. However, I love and have always loved the fantasy world Jordan created and the oh-so-awesome characters. These books were really my first book LOVES and we never forget our first love, do we?
3. A recent love is another obvious one: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. I could read this book over and over and over. In fact, I've been dying to reread it but there's just too many books on my TBR pile.
4. The complete works of Jane Austen. Yep, I'm an Austen fan. Her books rock! Pride and Prejudice has always been a fave, and Persuasion comes a close second.
5. Everything by Meg Cabot and Ally Carter. Their books are so much fun. Light, funny, and entertaining. Exactly what I love and look for in a book.
Okay, so I kinda listed fave authors more than books so I completely broke the rules. Oh well.