Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taylor Swift - Back to December



     Last night I listened to Taylor Swift's Speak Now CD to and from dance class. The car was quiet since I was the only one in it, and I really had the chance to listen to the lyrics of every song.
     I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan. She isn't the best singer in the world, but there's something about her lyrics that I really connect with. They are so honest and raw and I really get them. I feel them. I think that's probably true for most of her fans- which is why she has so many. She was smart by admitting that these songs are about certain people (although she doesn't confirm who, some are pretty easy to tell). It makes the songs more interesting, it gets us involved in her personal life and feelings.
     Like "Back to December", for example. The video was almost disappointing because I hear this song and I think of Taylor Lautner (who the song is allegedly about- hello tanned-skin!). Not that he would ever be in the video, obviously, but I can't help but see what she sings about. I can picture it. The video didn't quite give me that. But I still love the song. Another one of my favorites off that album is "Enchanted". I swear I could write a book around that song! "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me" inspired me to write a YA book in the first place. You go Taylor!
     Anyway, I hear that she's coming to Edmonton on her tour. I'd love to be able to take Jade- I think that would be a really fun mother-daughter thing to do. So if anyone hears when tickets go on sale for that show- let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Good song, she is a good singer. I would love to go to one of her concerts as well. So if you go, I want to go too =) How fun would that be to have Jade there...she would be SOOOOO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should definitely go together! That would be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete