Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

     You know, I never actually make a list of New Year's Resolutions. They almost seem like a taboo to me- you officially make a resolution, you won't keep it. But I decided to hang it all and make a list, on record, and then in  few months or at the end of the year I can see how good I've done.

     1. Spend more time with my kids. I'm already NOT doing this by posting on my blog. But I think this is my most important resolution, and by the hardest for me. Not that I don't spend all day every day with them because believe me, I do. But I hardly PLAY with them. I need to do that more.

     2. Write everyday. And by write I mean- write, edit, research, rewrite, etc. Everything to do with my writing, I need to do a bit everyday. Which I'm actually pretty good at already but I did slack off for a couple months there.

     3. Exercise and eat well. I did really well keeping points and everything for a while there but for some reason I'm reluctant to go back to that. Somehow I would like to find a balance where I'm not gorging myself (like I tend to do on cheat days and then I feel sick) but where i'm not just eating salads either. Not that I did that before. I just need to find a balance of healthy eating and the occasional treat. (Good luck with that Melanie).

     4. Listen to the New Testament with my kids. As soon as I've downloaded it onto my iPod, I've got that one in the bag.

     5. Be better at the church basics- visiting teaching, tithing, praying... I'm a work in progress, what can I say...

     So there it is. I'm not going to say, we'll see how I do, because I think that's just setting me up for failure. I WILL do them. I WON'T fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment