Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

      Welcome 2011. What will you bring? Leaving the scary realm of thirty-year-old-dom, and entering the even scarier, one year closer to forty, thirty-one. Kids turning 4, 2, 6 and then 8. A 10-year wedding anniversary and hopefully a vacation to somewhere tropical for the first time in that ten year marriage.
     Those are givens. Gonna happen whether I like it or not.
     What will happen that I won't be expecting? What will surprise me in a fatastic way? What will sadden me? I can't help but wonder what's coming in 2011. I can't help but look ahead. It's almost a bad habit because sometimes I'm so focused on what's coming next that I totally miss what's happening now.
     This year is going to be a good one. I'm going to declare it to be so. I know it will have hard times, sad moments, struggles. But I also know it will have laughter, dancing, big smiles and great joy. Because that's just the way life is.
     So bring it 2011. I'm ready for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment