Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Wednesday Writes

It's month two of the YA Buccaneers Spring Writing Bootcamp and despite my slow start, I'm making good progress. I finished my on-paper revision last week and my goal is to have the notes transferred onto the computer (plus an extra couple of scenes I have to write) done by the end of this week. Then this manuscript is off to a CP! I'm already halfway through this second step so I think I'll nail my goal!

The SWB challenge this week is to share our best piece of writing advice. Mine is obvious, but still a gooder. Personally, I think it's the best piece of advice out there:

BUTT IN CHAIR.

That's all there is to it. You sit down, you will write. You commit to it, you will do it. If you sit, words will come. (That is if you manage not to get distracted by Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube...) But I fully believe that if you put your butt in that chair, you'll get something done.

What's your best piece of writing advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment