Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Loves: AVENGERS AGE OF ULTRON and George Ezra

There's been some criticism around MARVEL lately, and of the newest Avengers movie, AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

I think MARVEL should listen to their audience when it comes to Black Widow. Maybe they're not sure about a movie YET, but at least get us some Black Widow merch. I can tell you, I'd be buying my daughters Black Widow t-shirts if there was some (and not the damsel-in-distress kind). And it's just ridiculous that the toy line has basically erased Black Widow from one of her scenes in the movie, changing the toy to a male character. (Don't know what I'm talking about? You can check out the article at The Daily Dot.)

I understand the risk involved in making a comic-book movie based on a female character, and one without superpowers at that (basically, a Black Widow movie would be similar to Agents of SHIELD, and we all know how not-great that's doing. FYI- I like that show). In the past, comic book fans have been predominately male. But LOOK HOW THAT'S CHANGING! This is coming from a girl who only read Archie and Garfield comics growing up and now I wouldn't miss a comic book based movie or TV show. 

Also, this is MARVEL we're talking about. Aside from how huge they are right now, don't tell me that someone over there in their genius-writers-think-tank can't come up with an awesome story revolving around Black Widow alone. Don't tell me that they can't make a movie that would generate millions of fans. Because I would scoff at you if you did.

Anyway, despite the controversy (oh, and let's not forget Jeremy Renner's and Chris Evans' awful remarks about Black Widow *cue disappointment*), DESPITE all this, I still loved AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. The movie delivered, just like I thought it would. I'm no movie critic, but I was entertained from start to finish, and that's enough for me.

Annnnnd, on to something completely unrelated. I've found a new music love and his name is George Ezra. If you haven't heard his song Budapest, check it out below and have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment