Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Clockwork Princess Pandemonium

I've got two Teasers for you today! Lucky you, right?!

My first is from Clockwork Princess, the conclusion (I hope, but you never know) of The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. She wrapped up the trilogy quite nicely, I LOVED the epilogue, however I do have a tiny complaint that the book was unnecessarily long. I love Clare's books, but the main conflict gets resolved and then you've still got more than 100 pages of reading until the end. There could definitely have been some cuttage going on, in my opinion.

But don't let that stop you from reading it! Okay? Okay! Here's my teaser:

Clare's books have the prettiest covers!

"Tessa is gone, and every moment she is gone is a knife ripping me apart from the inside. She is gone, and they cannot track her, and I have no idea where to go or what to do next, and the only person I can imagine speaking my agony to is the one person who cannot know..." (page 221)

Aaaaand for Teaser #2, I give you, Pandemonium, the sequel to Delirium by Lauren Oliver, also a great book although I don't know how much I like the "Now" and "Then" format. Or maybe I'm just being extra-picky today, who knows.


It occurs to me, then, that people themselves are full of tunnels: winding, dark spaces and caverns; impossible to know all the places inside of them. Impossible even to imagine. (page 276)

So what are you reading this week?

4 comments:

  1. EEEEE. i've been wanting to read both of these so badly.

    haven't had time yet though. thanks for sharing!

    Here's my teaser tuesday featuring Jennifer L. Armentrout's Apollyon over at i*Heart*BigBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Pandemonium was my favorite of the trilogy, to be honest. The other two were great, but this one really packed a punch that the other two didn't quite have. (Which is interesting, because it's the middle book!)

    I'm currently working my way through A Dance with Dragons. Very, very slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Infernal Devices series is next on my list! I've heard really great things about it. And now I need to put Pandemonium on my list!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will consider adding this to my library.

    ReplyDelete