Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Future of Us

     Road Trip Wednesday has been put off this week. Head over to YA Highway to find out why- they did a good post on censorship on the internet.
     I'm not going to say much except goodbye for the weekend. I hop on a plane early tomorrow morning heading to Ottawa, ON. My sister is getting married and I'm super excited. My family lives all over Canada and the US so I don't get to see them often. This weekend will be one of those rare reunions. Also, I love Ottawa, having lived there from grade 5 to grade 10. It's my favorite Canadian city and I get to see some old friends I haven't seen since high school (way back when).


     Since I'll probably finish this book sometime on my trip and won't get a chance to blog about it, I have to say how much I'm loving The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler. I haven't been able to put it down. The characters have totally taken me in. Plus, it's fun to read about teenagers in a time where I was a teen. (Josh and I would be the same age- he graduates in '98) I laugh and say, I remember that! or I used to love that! Examples: Crash Into Me by The Dave Matthews Band, dying my hair (aka: turning it orange) with Sun-In, and getting email for the first time (I was 16 and I can't even remember the program I used but I do remember it was free). This is definitely a great read, I'd recommend it to all, but anyone around their 30s will especially love it!
     See you all next week!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...I still listen to 'Crash Into Me' lol :-) I too am a high school student of the 90s (Class of '96) so I'm really psyched about reading this. Isn't Ottawa beautiful? I think it's one of the cities in this country that I'd gladly pick up and move to without question. It feels like a little piece of Europe in Canada. Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is high on my TBR list. I already had three children by the end of 1998, so it will probably make me feel old. But I love the premise and look forward to reading it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence! I just finished reading this. I won't tell you what happens, but I'm looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete