What writing or publishing-related thing(s) are you most thankful for?
Since I'm Canadian, I celebrated Thanksgiving last month. But you should never stop being thankful for things right? And it doesn't hurt to express those thanks more than once a year.
1. I'm thankful for AWESOME books. Persuasion, The Twilight Saga, Lola and the Boy Next Door... just to name a few. I realized lately, as much as I want to be one of those wonderful and talented authors, if I was them... well I'd have nothing to read!
2. I'm thankful for beta readers/crit partners/brainstorming buddies... whatever you want to call them and whatever they are to you. Without those people, my books wouldn't make it very far. Speaking of which, anyone want to be a beta for me and read my Persuasion remake? Anyone? Bueller?
3. Some people might be surprised about this one, but I'm thankful for books turned into movies. Seriously. Yes, sometimes they suck. Sometimes they're even better than the book (okay rarely). But mostly, when I love a book so much and don't want to leave the world, I'm happy to take part in extending my time in that world, and with those characters, in any way possible. Now. Who's going to make movies of Anna and Lola? Anyone? Bueller? Get on that someone. (Cuz I can't wait to see St. Clair and Cricket come to life on the big screen.)
4. I'm thankful for the time I can find to write/edit/read. Sometimes it's hard to find that time. So when I get it... lucky me. I just need to learn to be a bit more appreciative and a little less cranky when that time gets interrupted.
5. Mostly- I'm thankful for whatever talent I have to write. I'm not saying I'm the greatest writer out there (because of course I'm not). But I know I've got something. And I'm grateful for that. And I'm thankful that I've found something that makes me happy.
What are you thankful for on this American Thanksgiving weekend?