Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Woo-hoos and Road Trip Wednesday

     I didn't intend to blog today. My mom is here so I should be spending time with her- but my kids pretty much monopolize her attention so...
     Really, I'm just psyched to say that my "love scene" from Daze and Knights was chosen as a finalist and sent to the wonderful Weronika Janczuk @ Lynn C. Franklin Associates. Woo-hoo! I hope she likes it. Woo-hoo. Can I say it again? Too bad, I'm gonna, Woo-hoo!

     It's Road Trip Wednesday but I so don't have the brain power for today's topic. I'll take a crack at it anyway. Here it is, You're re-reading one of your favs when someone asks the dreaded question: "What's that book about?" Give us your best off-the-cuff blurb of any book, any genre, and have your readers try to guess the title in the comments!

    
     Here's mine:

     So there's this girl who has to kill scary unicorns even though she doesn't want to. And because she has to kill them it means she can't, you know, "do it", or she'll lose her scary-unicorn-killing powers. Which is a problem when she meets a hot guy. Duh.

     Okay, okay, that was an easy one if you've read the book. Take a guess if you want, or check out other people's (probably wittier) answers at http://www.yahighway.com/.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, they should use that for the blurb on the back of the book, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Rampant! Great description

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have read that one, it sounds familiar . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy and excited you got chosen as a finalist :) I started reading Daze & Knights again (finally) and I'm half way through. I've been taking notes and can't wait to meet up with you when I'm home in a few weeks to discuss! Also like that someone with the name Angelica posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so maybe I need to read this book. I had NO idea what you were talking about. The book I just finished would be something like this...

    Girl's parents die so she moves with her sister to France. Duh! That's where her grandparents live! Lucky. And then she meets hot boy who's got a mysterious secret. He's totally not good for her and lives with his 'relatives' who all have that same mystery. No I'm not talking about Twilight (despite the fact that it felt very much like that)...I'm talking about Die for Me. It was good. I definitely recommend.

    ReplyDelete