Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday Reads: JANE AUSTEN RUINED MY LIFE

Happy Labour Day!
Even though it's a holiday, I'm trying to get back on track with, well, EVERYTHING. Starting with my regularly scheduled blog posts: Monday Reads (which I kept up with during RSW), Wednesday Writes, and Friday Loves.
So what did I read last week? JANE AUSTEN RUINED MY LIFE by Beth Patillo. I rarely buy books I've never read before, especially by authors I'm not familiary with, but this book had me at the title. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to what I wanted it to be. It was okay, I enjoyed the story and it was a fast read, but the ending was a little unsatisfying and I found myself annoyed at the MC at times. I wanted a lot more fun and a lot more romance. I DID, however, love all the Jane Austen related stops the MC makes through the book. Places I'd love to visit one day but may never get the chance, so it was cool to read about them and experience them through the MCs eyes. 
Now I'm reading MAGONIA and it's an interesting read.
What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment