Monday, August 31, 2015

Ready. Set. WRITE! The End and MONDAY READS

So I totally thought last week was the last week of Ready. Set. WRITE! but nope- we had one more to go. Which is good because I had a goal that HAD to get done.

 
HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS
Finish second round edits on SWAY: CHECK! Took me five really late nights, but I did it.
 
MY GOAL FOR THE FALL
If I don't make it into PitchWars, my plan is to get JAR OF HEARTS ready to query and then revise my NA retelling.
 
ONE WORD THAT SUMS UP WHAT I REVISED
Better. Because the manuscript it, much better than it used to be.
 
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
It was the last week before school, so I wanted to do as much with the kids as possible. Thus, the very late nights of revisions.
 
SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
You know, despite working on this manuscript for years (I wrote the first draft back in 2011), doing multiple drafts and working with CPs, betas, and now my editor, I STILL LOVE THIS THING.
 
Thanks to Jaime, Erin, Elodie, Katy, and Alison for another great Ready. Set. WRITE! I couldn't take part in the manicures part this past week but I'm hoping once the kids start school next week I'll be able to get a pedicure done to reflect SWAY. (Pedicure because my fingernails are way too bitten to be manicured!)
 
MONDAY READS
I finally finished the HEROES OF OLYMPUS series with the final book THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS this week. I missed Percy's POV in this final book, but it was a great wrap-up to the series. Now I'm reading JANE AUSTEN RUINED MY LIFE by BETH PATILLO.
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Just when you need it there's a surprise week of RSW to get you through lol! Great job on polishing off those edits on SWAY, especially since it meant a lot of late nights. Enjoy that pedicure because you totally earned it!

    ReplyDelete