Monday, June 2, 2014

May Reads

It's been awhile since I've done a best book of the month post but I read a lot in May and some are definitely worth mentioning.
Sentinel, Into the Still Blue, The One, and Dreams of Gods and Monsters were all series enders and all good. I have lots to say about DoGaM- it was a good book, I was into it most of the way through, but I did feel it was unnecessarily long. The last hundred pages or so were a bit blah- I think it could've ended earlier, and I really didn't like it when she would repeat scenes from different POVs. HOWEVER, I did like the book and the characters and she has a great voice and everything about her writing is so vivid. It just could've been... shorter, IMO.
My fave book of this bunch is definitely Cress. It's funny because I don't even like sci-fi that much but Cress was just so exciting and well written and page turning. It was just one of those devouring books- I couldn't get enough, and I can't wait to read Winter.
So what was the best book you read in May?

No comments:

Post a Comment