Friday, September 3, 2010

Thanks

     I just want to say thanks to all of you who have offered to come with me to a writers conference. My only question is, are you going to spend the one hundred and fifty bucks to go or are you expecting me to come up with that kind of cash?
     Ha ha, just kidding. Well, not really, because that's around how much the conferences are. But it's nice to know that I have friends who are willing to stand by my side. Seriously- it makes one all warm and fuzzy inside. I'll try to remember you all when I do get up the guts to go because it'll be nice to at least have a road trip pal along.
     Unfortunately, the money excuse isn't so much of an excuse as it is a reality right now. Since my husband just bought a new shed, some new golf clubs, and a certain christmas present for one of the kids, it's looking like I won't have to worry about being the biggest dork at the conference- at least not this year. Just wait Utah, I'll be there next year. But don't worry- you won't notice me because I'll be the one hiding out, ducking my head, avoiding everyone's eyes and trying my darndest to blend into the scenery.
     Ah, isn't it great to be me...

No comments:

Post a Comment