Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Reads: 5 Star Books!

Oh the books I've read lately.

First was LOVE & GELATO by Jenna Evans Welch, which I already waxed enthusiastic about lasy Friday Loves post. This book, which takes place in Italy, was the perfect summer read- full of love, swoony moments, smart and funny dialogue, and feels. Loved it!


Then I read THE ROSE & THE DAGGER by Renee Ahdieh. This is the sequel to THE WRATH & THE DAWN, and actually the final book (I thought it was a trilogy, but it's a duology). The book was a great finale and I'm glad she didn't stretch it into three books. Sharzhad is an excellent MC and I loved the road it took for her and Khalid to get back together and get their happy ending.


After that, I went back to contemp YA with Jessi Kirby's GOLDEN. I read this book in a couple of days because the characters and the mystery were so compelling. You're rooting so hard for Parker and Trevor, plus you want to find out what really happened with Julianna, Shane, and Orion. I often find contemp YA to spell out the MC's feelings when we, as a reader, already get it. This book did that a bit, but not so much that I got annoyed. It could've used a bit more dialogue too- my personal taste- but neither of those things made the book any less unputdownable.


Finally, another YA contemp- TAKE A BOW by Elizabeth Eulberg. For light, fun, and fast-paced, this book was perfection. She did the four POV's amazingly, and the book was a quick read. It reminded me of a book version of FAME. Most importantly, because there wasn't a lot of plot to the book, the characters- even the minor ones- totally jumped off the page. They were so real to me that I felt like I was a fellow student at CPA. Excellent book.


No comments:

Post a Comment