Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday Reads: 4 Amazing Books!

These past couple weeks of reading have been GOOD. First, I read LADY MIDNIGHT by Cassandra Clare.

To be honest, I wasn't enthused to read this book. It's almost 700 pages, and I didn't know if I wanted to enter the world of Shadowhunters AGAIN. It took me a bit to get into it, but once I was, I was hooked. Cassandra Clare does such a good job of angsty relationships, and well-rounded cast of characters. I'm glad I read this book and I'll definitely read the next. (Though she could still cut down on the length, IMO.)


Next I read THE RAVEN KING by Maggie Stiefvater, the final book in the Raven Cycle. So I have this thing where I flip through the book I'm reading and read random sentences. I usually end up spoilering myself on SOMETHING, even if it's something small. But with this book, and the prediction that Gansey is supposed to die, I had to keep telling myself NOT TO FLIP THROUGH. Luckily, I made it to the end without spoilering myself. It was a satisfying end to the series, and I love her writing like crazy. My fave book in the series still remains the first one though.


Then I read another series' final book, THE WINNER'S KISS by Marie Rutkoski. Ohmygosh this book. It was perfect. The whole series is perfect. It had me from page one all the way until the end. I can't even describe why I love these books so much, except there is not one thing wrong with them. Everything is perfection. A definite must-read trilogy.


Finally, I read SALT TO THE SEA by Ruta Sepetys. I was really worried about the book that came after TWK- I mean, how could anything live up? But this book. Oh, it lived up, alright. Ruta Sepetys is one of my fave historical authors and she did it once again with this book. She wrote of an event where approx nine thousand people die- an event I had never heard of! Not only do I like learning about history, her characters completely pull me in, in a way that makes it real- like I'm living it with them. This is the kind of book that stays with you, that you just can't shake, nor should you. It was definitely one of my fave reads so far this year. And I really hope they make it into a movie. (BTW, can't wait for the movie adaptation of her other WWII book- BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY.)

After these amazing books, I almost feel sorry for the books I'm reading next.

No comments:

Post a Comment