Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday Reads: OF NEPTUNE

I pretty much asked for books this past Christmas. One of them was OF NEPTUNE by Anna Banks, the last in her OF POSEIDON trilogy. It had been a really long time since I read both OF POSEIDON and OF TRITON, so I didn't quite remember everything that I needed to. But I quickly caught on to the important stuff. Here's the blurb:


Emma, who is half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together. Alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.

Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean-living Syrena and the land-dwelling, freshwater counterparts. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love, but their ocean kingdoms.

This trilogy, in the loosest sense, are mermaid books. But they're a lot more than that. The best part about them to me, is the romance. The relationship between Galen and Emma is what really gets me through all three books. The books are told in first person POV for Emma, and third person for Galen. The switch-up was a little weird to me sometimes, but I loved Emma's voice because it was fun and engaging. The book had a little bit of a repetitive feel within this last book (I can't say why without giving spoilers), but in all, I was satisfied with the end of the trilogy. They're definitely books I'm going to recommend to my daughter next.

What did you read this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment