Thank you so much Melanie for allowing me to be on your blog. Melanie and I met on a Facebook writers group we both belong to. (If you don’t have an excellent group, FIND ONE!) She is so supportive and I am overwhelmed by the encouragement she has given to me.
1. Who are you, and can you tell me a little about yourself? My name is Cree, and I’m nineteen years old. When I was ten my village burned to the ground and everyone I’ve ever knew died. Since then Fej has trained me to be Amber Megan Peel’s protector. I’m the last of my kind as is my Stored. If we fail my world will be lost and Earth will be next.
2. What special talents, if any, do you have? Not really a talent, although some say it is, but I’m a Windrider. No one in my village held this ability. I guess it is, or rather was, a rare gift. I can use the breeze to lift me and travel, as long as there’s air, I can even move through cracks. Also, I’m a Seer, smells and emotions reveal themselves as colors to me. This gift was common among my people.
3. Do you think you will ever find true love? I must stay focused on my task of keeping Amber Megan Peel safe. Love isn’t something I’m looking for. Look, my world’s survival is at stake, I’m not looking for love.
4. So I hear through the grapevine that you like to eat. What’s your favorite food? Well, so far I’ve never met a food I didn’t like, but I’ll pick a few of my favorites: Bacon – just the smell of it sets my mouth to watering. Marth, Fej’s cook, makes the best pumpkin soup in all the lands. Oh, and I’ve even tried Earth’s Coke, a weird drink. It bubbled in my nose, but I’m pretty sure I could get used to it.
5. When and where were you happiest? The day of the Wonderlunk festival when my parents were still… Mother made sweet cakes, and we walked to the open field to watch the great bird soar in the late afternoon sky. Bly, my older brother, sat with Tilly, his girl. They were to be wed in the spring. The wind fluttered my momma’s blond hair around her face. Skalm played his flute and strutted like the bird. It was a joyous day, but haunting at the same time.
6. Will you succeed at keeping Amber safe? I don’t have a choice, I have to. Lorthis will throw everything he’s got at us, but I’ve spent my whole life training for this. I will succeed where the others have failed. My whole life has brought me to this moment. I will keep Amber Megan Peel alive, I have too.
After the sudden death of her parents, making it through the day is a struggle for Amber Megan Peel. In the midst of her grief, an exquisite bird perches on her garden fence and shows her visions of a vivid landscape and a dark lord slouching upon a throne. She thinks the visions are tied to her sorrow. But when a boy flies through her kitchen window to tell her she’s the Last Stored, she wonders if she’s just lost her mind.
Cree of Din is tasked with one job: Bring Amber home. For seven years, Cree has trained as her protector and it is the ultimate responsibility. Failure means Amber’s certain death, and that’s not an option for Cree – especially since he’s falling in love with her.
The Returning has begun. Now all Amber and Cree have to do is enter Tali, a world of unimaginable splendor and equally unimaginable horror, and defeat Lorthis. If they can’t, not only will Tali plunge into darkness, but so will Earth.
This book sounds so intriguing, I can't wait to read it!
You can find The Last Stored here: Amazon and Anaiah Press
And now a little about the author:
Sonia Poynter grew up traipsing through the thick woods of Kentucky. The magic of the forest made her want to write. Currently, she lives in the sleepy community of Pittsboro, Indiana, with the love of her life and God has blessed them both with three amazing kids.
You can find her on Facebook, Blog, Twitter, and on Goodreads. Make sure to check her out, and check out THE LAST STORED.