Monday, September 30, 2013

Best Book of September

It's the last day of September already which means, tomorrow I get to bring out the Halloween stuff! *cue creepy laughter and ghost howls*

I read a wide variety of books in September, and since I didn't answer the best book of the month question for YA Highway last week, I'll answer it now.


Sometimes it's so hard for me to pick a fave, but this month, it's very easy. And the winner is... AUSTENLAND!!!

Austenland was a reread for me. I picked it back up again thinking I'd be seeing the movie... but THE MOVIE ISN'T PLAYING HERE!!! I'm a little peeved about that, if you couldn't tell. But I'm so glad I reread the book. It's such a fun and hilariously funny book. Just thinking about it makes me want to reread it again... or better yet, SEE THE MOVIE. (What is wrong with Canada???)

An honorable mention goes to City of Bones, another reread. In this case, I got to see the movie at the same time I was reading the book. I love Cassie Clare and I still love this book. A Darkness Strange and Lovely was a good sequel, I really like this series, but I found myself very annoyed with the MC through most of the book. But isn't the cover gorgeous?!

What did you read in September?

3 comments:

  1. Read? Only one book this month (painted the whole house, fixed all the light fixtures, ripped out some tile to put in some different tile, and basically turned the house upside down and shook all the boxes out), and that was St. North and the Nightmare King Battle. It was cute, but not very taxing. I need to read something like ten books this next month. First up: Old Man's War.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to watch Austenland! It's not playing near me wither :(..For some reason I just couldn't get into Something Strange and Deadly. Maybe I was on a book hangover or something. I might give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Before I Die and Living Dead Girl and I'd love to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete