Friday, May 3, 2013

Saying Goodbye

Oh gosh... I don't even want to write this post. It makes me sad just thinking about it and my Friday posts are supposed to be about what I love... Well, I do love this, I've just reached the end.

I've made no secret that I had a Revise and Resubmit request on Daze and Knights and last weekend I heard back.

It was a pass.

This makes me infinitely sad. Daze was something I've put my blood, sweat, and tears into for the last three years. THREE YEARS. It's my first love. I'll never forget my first love. But it has to be shelved.

More than anything, I'm frustrated with myself for not being able to do this story justice, for not being able to tell it properly. It's nobody's fault but my own that my poor story is now just a file on the computer and nothing more.

But it's time to move on. I'll never forget my first love, and maybe one day- one day far off from now- I'll revisit it again. I'll give it another shot. But for now, I've got new loves to pour my blood, sweat, and tears into. Thank goodness for that or I might have just quit. I wrote on Twitter earlier this week that I just can't get off the darn rollercoaster, even though sometimes I may want to. That's writing for me. I may get a break from the ride, but I'll always get back on.

I was totally going to post about how I'd found a new actor that would make an awesome Lord Alric (the love interest from Daze). It seems silly to post about it now, but I'll leave you with the movie preview anyway, because it looks like a good one.

The guy who plays Romeo could totally be Lord Alric, except with a different haircut. :)






4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I think I may have to do the same with F&I in the near future. I'm working on an R&R as well, but who knows if that will lead to anything. I'm glad you have other projects to keep you busy, but you never forget your first love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what Category Daze and Knights was, but if it's YA, then you might want to send it out to Strange Chemistry. I say this because if you're at the end of querying, you can always send it out to a couple of publishers to see how they feel about it.
    Strange Chemistry is pretty awesome because they sell right into places like Barnes and Nobles, and they are open to unagented submissions right now . But on the other hand, if you've thrown in the towel, I totally get that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mick, If I do this all the way via, you
    are saying that I will have the body of a bodybuilder at the
    same time because the power in the football player i am already, correct?
    Bc I used to be just about to start bodybuilding but ran across this.


    Feel free to visit my web site ... six pack shortcuts free youtube

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, hon! I know what it feels like to leave a story behind. I'm on my 5th rewrite of a story I wouldn't let die, but it's frustrating and endless and a price to pay for sure. You will have your day. I KNOW IT!! Chin up <3

    ReplyDelete