Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Host

I'm rereading The Host this week in anticipation of the movie coming out on the weekend which I probably won't see until who knows when because April is gonna be a busy month. Hopefully I'll get the chance sometime, because it looks good in the previews. Then again, I've been disappointed before (*cough* Beautiful Creatures *cough*).


So for Teaser Tuesday today, you can have a snippet of The Host by Stephenie Meyer, in case you haven't read it:

Before Melanie could make my fingers touch him, his arm shot out and the back of his hand smashed into the side of my face. The blow was so hard that my feet left the ground before my head slammed into the rock floor...

...Stupid, stupid, I whimpered at her. I told you not to do that! (page 132)

And in case you've been living under a rock and haven't seen the preview... I love it for the Imagine Dragons song alone!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm a big Imagine Dragons fans. And yeah, the movie looks pretty good, but I agree, Hollywood has broken my heart in the past (sniff sniff, John Carter! I wish the world loved you more)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to see it this Saturday, you should come with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book and can't wait for the movie! I hope they do it justice. : ) Great teaser.

    my tt: http://followthewritingrabbit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the story of this book, but the many explanations of what the rocks looked like bogged it down, IMO. So I'm super excited to see the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a long time since I read this! Can't decide if I want to go see the movie or not, but I remember enjoying the book...

    Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS post.

    ReplyDelete