Here's what you do:
I list 11 random facts about myself.
I answer the 11 questions asked of me by the person who nominated me.
I then nominate my 11 picks for the award along with my 11 questions for them to answer when they post a response.
Here's 11 random facts about me:
1. I have an aversion to LOL. I can't put it in texts or on Twitter or anywhere because to me, I read it as a word, not as the letters spelled out and not as laugh out loud.
2. I'm a toilet paper snob. Most people I know buy the cheap Costco toilet paper and I just can't do it. For me, it's gotta be Charmin double rolls (not triple- those are too thick).
Excuse the Spanish subtitles
4. I'm a puzzle nerd. My daughter got a box of 8 Disney puzzles and I swear I've done more of them than she has. In fact, we're in the middle of a Winnie the Pooh one right now.
5. I once got my hair stuck in the vacuum. The hair still attached to my head. Don't ask, I'm just that dumb sometimes.
7. When I'm alone in the car I sing really loud (and really badly) to show tunes.
8. Starting in Grade one, I was in French Immersion, which means most of my classes were in French. It's very sad to me that now I can barely speak it. :(
9. At church, my calling (which is like my job but unpaid) is always playing the piano. Playing piano for the choir, for the primary kids, for the Relief Society women... it's sort of like I'm on rotation. But I'm not complaining! :p
11. I like to play games, and I like to WIN. I'm just a touch competitive. ;) On a related note, I suck at sports.
And here's Megan's 11 questions for me:
1. What was your favorite book growing up? Anything Dragonlance. I lived and breathed Fantasy.
2. What is your favorite Indie/Traditionally published book lately? Please answer both. Traditionally: you know I can't pick. Okay, you twisted my arm: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. And Indie: If you mean self-pubbed, well I have to give another plug for Megan and say how much I loved Bitter Angel and can't wait until it comes out. This book was so fast paced and freaky I chewed my nails down to stubs!
I will stare you down with my sexy intensity
3. Who would you cast in the leads of your favorite book of all time? I don't have a fave book of all time (I seriously CANNOT pick favorites), but lately I was thinking how awesome Richard Armitage would be as either Mr. Rochester, or Nico Rathburn in the contemp version Jane by April Lindner. And I cannot get over how perfect Ed Speleers would be as one of my own characters.
Hey, Ed, please be my Purvis?
4. What is your favorite non-reading/writing thing to do? Being a lazy butt and watching TV or movies. I just finished Downton Abbey (season 3) and Glee (season 3), and now it's all about The Vampire Diaries, Beauty and the Beast, Once Upon A Time, Arrow, and Smash has just restarted!
5. Describe your ideal Sunday. (the day, not the ice cream): Church in the morning, afternoon nap, then games with the kids.
6. What is your favorite character name? My own character or someone else's? If I have to go with my own, I have a love of the name Lord Purvis because there were so many ways I could have fun with it. As for someone else's character, Eragon is just a great name!
7. If you could live in any time period, which would it be? Ooh, I love this question! I've gotta go with Regency. Or medieval. Either, as long as I'm rich. I've got a fascination for World War II, but I don't think I'd want to live then.
8. If you could travel to anywhere outside the U.S., where would you go? Paris or anywhere in Italy.
9. If you could wake up as anyone, who would it be? For just one day, it would be fun to see what life is like as Princess Kate. Or I'd choose to be any actress working alongside Jeremy Renner.
10. What is your favorite clothing accessory? I live in Canada, so it makes sense that I'm love with boots and coats. My kingdom for a pair of brown leather riding boots!
11. If the world could be anything (hint: Willie Wonka’s world of chocolate) what would yours look like? Harry Potter's world all the way. I'd be eleven again and getting my letter to Hogwarts.
And since this has taken me all morning and I've got some Just Dance and my manuscript both calling my name, I hereby nominate every person who reads this post as Liebster award recipients. Answer Megan's awesome questions or make up your own, it's up to you. Congratulations on your award. :)