Monday, July 18, 2011

Divergent

     Harry Potter week is over and even though I'm sad, it was exhausting posting on my blog every day!
    
     A book with so much hype around it is Veronica Roth's Divergent. I'd really like to know how that happened. How one book got so much buzz and publicity before it even came out and other books that are equally as awesome- don't. I guess that's the million dollar question for all aspiring authors.
     Anyway, it was a great book. It reminded me of Hunger Games- probably because it's Dystopian also. I liked Divergent better than the Hunger Games though. I think it's because the love story was more prevalent, more intense (I'm a total sucker for a love story). Also, it was interesting to think about what my own choice would have been out of the five factions. The characters, the world, all of it was really well done. My only complaint- and it's not really a complaint, more of a personal choice- is that Dystopian isn't my favorite genre. I don't know why, it just doesn't speak to me like say Fantasy or Historical. So while I loved the book, I wouldn't say I was wowed by it. I don't think any Dystopian would ever wow me. But it's definitely a book to read- especially for all you dystopian lovers out there. And I'm excited to see where she's going to take the next book.

4 comments:

  1. wonderful blog...glad to have stopped by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunger games is my favourite. I guess I better read Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily you'd probably like it a lot, you should definitely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James (my husband) just finished this one. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete