Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday Reads


Fabled by  Vanessa K. Eccles was my first read. It was a fun and action-packed twist on fairy tales. I loved the MC Rowena and her two different love interests. I just wish there had been more of a resolution to the end. It was a total cliffhanger and I want to know so badly who she chooses!

And I Darken by Kiersten White. So. This book-which is a re-imagining of the story of Vlad the Impaler- was really really good. The writing, the characters, the storytelling, the setting, everything. It was like perfect, except... I never really connected to the characters. I don't know why. Book slump maybe, but I didn't love them like I wanted to. I read to the end because I wanted to know what would happen, plus- like I said everything about the book was excellent so I enjoyed reading. I just never connected. Ergh. It kinda makes me mad at myself that I didn't, but what can you do?


Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor, a YA mystery. Love the voice in this book! So voicey! And fun. Fast-paced and great characters. Maybe a bit too many characters sometimes (I forgot who some of them were at times), but an all around excellent book.


Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard. This was a similar mystery to Prep School Confidential. It didn't have the humor PSC had, but I read this book in one day because I couldn't put it down. The only downside, is the blurb on Goodreads totally gives the twist away so I knew what was happening the entire time. Also, and weirdly- the blurb on GR mentions a characters who is named something completely different in the book. WTFudge??? Weird. 

What have you read lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment