Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Loves: Making A Playlist

It's no secret that I love to make playlists for my WIPs. My playlist for COLLIDE (my NORTH & SOUTH retelling) is pretty small so far. It's really hard to find a song about a girl who's just not into a guy. Seriously. Sure there's, "Oops, I Did it Again," and my recent fave, "Ex's & Oh's" by Elle King, but neither really convey they point, in my view. Those are both about playing with a guy/guys and COLLIDE deals more with a girl who's not interested even though the guy likes her. If anyone knows a song by a female that's basically, DUDE, I DON'T LIKE YOU, please let me know.

But here's a few songs I've found that do go well.

"Song of the Caged Bird" by Lindsay Stirling
I actually mention this song in the book as one my female MC dances to.
 
"Hero/Heroine" by Boys Like Girls
This would totally be a song from my male MC's POV
 
"Pocket Full of Dreams" by Hedley
Especially when they change the chorus near the end.
 
"Unbreakable" by Jamie Scott.
Oh yes, this song. LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment