HOW I DID ON LAST WEEK'S GOALS
- Add atmosphere to short story and submit: CHECK AND CHECK!
- Rewrite JAR OF HEARTS query: CHECK!
- Look at tension in JAR OF HEARTS and possibly revise: um, nope
MY GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
- One more JAR OF HEARTS query go-round. I workshopped it with my QA group and now I need to figure out how to tie-in my first line with all the rest. Sounds easy, but it really isn't.
- Reread and make revision notes on untitled NA retelling, at least a chapter a day
ONE WORD/PHRASE THAT SUMS UP WHAT I WROTE/REVISED
Done and done (and not so much done).
THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE I FACED THIS WEEK
It's the same old summer story: doing lots of stuff with the kids and enjoying the hot summer weather. The one day it was crappy outside, I thought I'd be super-productive, but I ended up getting zippo done that day. O.O
SOMETHING I LOVE ABOUT MY WIP
I love JAR OF HEARTS, but I'm kinda blind to it right now. I don't know what more I can do at this point. I think I need to leave it for a bit. I'm going to submit it in PitchWars in August, and if it doesn't get it, I'll take another pass at it then.
I finished THE MARK OF ATHENA by Rick Riordan, another great Percy Jackson book (I heart Percy). Then I started THE WITCH HUNTERS by Virginia Boecker (one of the people I subbed to last PitchWars!) and it's been great reading so far.