Friday, April 1, 2011

Random Thankfulness

    
     I was reading back my random rants post and I couldn't help but laugh at myself. Gee, my life is tough (and yes, that's 100% sarcastic). There are awful tragedies happening around the world, people are going through so much pain and turmoil, and here I am ranting about how my favorite tv shows aren't on right now! Terrible.
     So I thought I'd counter it with random things that I'm thankful for.

1- The way my kids look at me, like I'm the person that matters most in the world.

2- How even though I'm tired or cranky on sundays sometimes, the lessons, or talks, or even just the hymns are enough to part my dark clouds.

3-  Nothing beats a really great song. Music incites such emotions within me, it's no wonder I listen to it almost all day long and that it's such inspiration for my writing.

4- Writing makes me happy. Enough said.

5- I love Chapters (or Indigo, whichever). I go there and it calms me. I breathe in the books. I could sit there all day long and just read.

6- I had a roommate at BYU who said that at the movies, the previews would make her forget what movie she was seeing and then she'd get extra excited when she remembered what movie was about to start. I feel that exact thing every time I go to a movie.

7- I heart my blackberry torch. I know that's silly, but after having a crappy phone for the last ten years, there's nothing like that feeling of 'I am so cool' that my blackberry gives me. Stupid? Yes. But also true. It's that sixteen-year-old coming out in me.

8- There's nothing like a Cadbury Cream Egg. I mean, yum. I'm practically drooling right now just thinking about licking out the creamy center and then gobbling up the chocolate egg.

9- I know some people say that Walmart is evil, but I'm sorry, I love it. And I can't wait until Target comes to Canada. There just better be one close by.

10- It warms my heart to watch my kids play nicely together (even though it never lasts forever).

One extra- 11- Can I mention how much I love Tangled! My kids are watching it right now. Is it the greatest kids movie ever, or what?!

No comments:

Post a Comment