Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Who Do You Love?

It's Road Trip Wednesday time again hosted by YA Highway. This week's question:

Who has helped you on your reading/writing/publishing journey?

I've answered this question before, but you can't ever say thank you too many times. So this is me, walking up to the podium, clutching my oscar manuscripts, ready to deliver my speech. Oh and by the way, I'm wearing something about like this:


First and foremost, I'd like to thank my parents, who have always believed in me. They never doubted I could be a writer. I'd like to thank my husband and kids who allow me the time to write without too many complaints. I'd like to thank my #1 critiquer/brainstormer Emily who's always there to talk when I need her and has read almost every scrap I've ever written. I'd like to thank all the other people who've read (or are currently reading) one of my manuscripts: Jeff, Coralie, Natalie, Sheri, Amanda, Michelle, Prerna, and I really hope I haven't forgotten anyone. I'd also like to thank the awesome writer-blogger world and all the help, support, and contests they have without which two agents would not have my full at this very moment. Finally, I would like to thank God for the blessings he has bestowed on me.

Oh, and I'd like to thank the Academy YA Highway for hosting these awards.

So where's my statuette? Wait, what? I haven't won an award? And now the music's playing, kicking me off the stage? Okay, okay, I'm going.

5 comments:

  1. It's so nice to have a support system at home, can't imagine what it would be like if the people I love didn't encourage my crazy dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun :) And look, you already have something written towards your Acknowledgements section in your first book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, I'd be at the podium with my published novel. That would be my award. And the list of people I could possibly include to thank would be too long to even imagine. But this was a fun speech, Melanie. Save it for when you're accepting your Michael L Printz award, or something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you've already picked out your red carpet dress!

    ReplyDelete